Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0020605
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
Why M Physicians?
Regardless of role, we recognize that every member of our team is vital! As an RN Care Coordinator, you will provide a deliberate patient and family-centered partnership! Working in collaboration with the clinic team, our care coordinators develop and support a coordinated plan of care between visits to promote a smooth transition across the healthcare continuum. The RN Care Coordinator works to improve the patient's health outcomes and experience by identifying needs, completing pre-visit planning, supporting clinic visits, and providing closure to clinic visits. This role relies on coaching strategies to help ensure patient and family participation in treatment plans, as well as providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
RN Care Coordinator Overview
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates care across the health care continuum within designated sub-specialty population(s)
- Serves as a single point of contact by facilitating and coordinating transitions in care within and between care settings, providers, and services
- Completes pre-visit planning and post-visit wrap-up and determines vital follow-up appointments and/or treatments to optimize patient visits
- Facilitates proactive disease management and preventative health care using evidence-based practice
- Rooms patients for the surgeon(s) as needed, complete clinic readiness including records review and provides administrative support as needed.
- Current Minnesota RN license
- BLS certification
- Demonstrated experience in patient advocacy and education, coaching, and proactive health care management along with EMR/digital literacy
Location: Riverside, West Building - 2312 S. 6th St. Minneapolis, MN 55454
Hours: 1.0 FTE
Benefits: This is a fully benefit eligible position: Competitive wages, Healthcare (including vision & dental), 401K, parking & tuition assistance and more!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.